This website has been developed to be as accessible as possible to users with disabilities, including users who may be blind, partially sighted, or have a physical disability.
You can use Google translate, a free tool, to translate our website into a number of different languages.
- If you require this service click here.
- Once you are through to Google translate type in www.northyorkshiresport.co.uk and select the language you would like it translated into.
North Yorkshire Sport does not guarantee the accuracy of the translation service and accepts no liability or responsibility for any damages incurred when using the free translation service.
Structured, semantic markup: Headings and navigation menus
- HTML heading tags are used to convey document structure. H1 tags are used for main titles, H2 tags for subtitles, and so on.
- Navigation menus are marked up as HTML lists. This ensures that the number of links in the list is read out at the start and it can be skipped easily.
You may change the font size of this document to your preference through your browser:
- In Internet Explorer, select View, then Text Size, and then your preferred size.
- In Firefox, selectView, the Text Size, and then you preferred size.
- In Netscape select View, then Text Zoom, and then your preferred percentage size.
This site uses cascading style sheets for visual layout. If your browser or browsing device does not support stylesheets at all, the use of structured semantic markup ensures that the content of each page is still readable and clearly structured.
You may import your own stylesheet into this website:
- In Internet Explorer select Tools, then Internet Options, and then Accessibility. Next click on any or all 3 checkboxes to ignore colours, font styles or font sizes. In the same window you can change your style sheet by clicking the checkbox that says, 'format document using my style sheet' then simply browse to your style sheet and click OK.
- In Netscape select Edit, then Preferences and then Appearance. You will be given the choice to specify your own colours and fonts.
Tables are not used for layout purposes.
This site uses PDF (Adobe Acrobat) file format for the publication of large and complex documents. To view and print PDF files, you must have Adobe® Acrobat® Reader installed.
Flash is used occasionally on the site for decorative purposes. However, you can still see all off the content without the Flash Player. Flash is used merely as an enhancement to the site not as a means of navigation or providing content.