Welcome to the Clubs section of the North Yorkshire Sport website. We want to ensure that clubs and groups of all sports in North Yorkshire can access the support they need whether that is through the County Sports Partnership of our key partners. One of the main way we provide this service is through the Club Matters programme.
What is Club Matters?
Club Matters is Sport England's one stop shop for sports clubs. Club Matters provides free, convenient, practical resources to help you develop and run a sustainable club. Club Matters gives you access to free innovative tools to help develop your club. Registration is simple and free. Get started with Club Matters today and build a brighter future for your club. The Club Matters convenient and flexible resources;
- will help you attract and retain members;
- provide practical tips & guidance;
- offer tools to help you understand your club and members; and
- will improve and develop your skills
What is available?
- Club improvement tool - As well as providing insight into your club, the Club Improvement Tool will produce a club improvement plan and signpost you to recommended resources to help you develop your club.
- Club Views - Club Views, is a club feedback tool designed to help you seek the views of your players, members, coaches and volunteers about all aspects of your club. The tool includes suggested questions you may want to include.
- Club Mark - Clubmark is the universally acknowledged cross sport accreditation scheme for community sports Clubs.
- Free Workshops – Short sessions that will develop your skills, improve your knowledge and ultimately help you develop your club
- Online support including toolkits, quick reference guides and e-learning modules
What's new to club matters
- Ensure your club is LGBT inclusive with this new toolkit
It's important to make sure your club is inclusive and welcoming to everyone, regardless of race, age, religion, gender or sexual orientation. Make Sport Everyone's Game is a new toolkit developed by Stonewall and Club Matters which will help you make your sports club more inclusive for LGBT people. Click here to access it now.
- Unravelling the tax minefield
We know that understanding tax and its implications can be a real challenge for clubs, so we wanted to share some new VAT guidance with you that Club Matters have developed. It is designed to help you and your club understand the basics about VAT and what rules you need to follow. This is particularly important if you're planning or currently undergoing a capital project. Click here to view the guidance now.
Great Club Stories
We are always keen to hear how your clubs are doing well. If you would be interested in sharing your success stories then get in touch and your club could be featured on our website and be chosen as Club of the Month!
You can check out great club impact now on our Inspiring Ideas page
If you are looking for funding for your club please click here:
Click on the links below to find out more information about the different areas of club development.
Register or link up with your club today
- 01423 813036