North Yorkshire Sport Equality Statement
We believe that sporting opportunities should be open to all and we are committed to:
- Developing a culture that enables and values the full involvement of all, embedding and promoting the principles of equality, through the delivery of inclusive, high quality sport
- Creating an environment in which all have equal opportunities to engage in high quality sport, whether as participants; competitors; volunteers; officials or administrators
- Responding to the diverse needs, capabilities and preferences of all, by ensuring appropriate levels of challenge
- Overcoming potential barriers for those individuals and groups currently under-represented as participants.
To access the Equality and Human Rights Commission website.
North Yorkshire Sports commitment to equality has entailed submitting relevant legislation and policies to a review panel and subsequently being awarded The Equality Standard, A Framework for Sport – Preliminary award.
North Yorkshire Sport Equality & Diversity Policy
North Yorkshire Sport Ltd have produced an Equality and Diversity Policy which demonstrates the organisations commitment to the principles and practices of equality. The policy is intended to ensure that the County Sports Partnership is complaint with our general Equality Duty that will ensure we are making informed decisions, developing relevant policies with better outcomes, ultimately leading to a service that is more appropriate to our demographics and population.
- North Yorkshire Sport Ltd Equality And Diversity Policy (PDF, 197 Kb)