Get Into Running
Are you passionate about running? Would you love to get more of your friends or work colleagues running? If so, why not become a Leader in Running Fitness (LIRF) and then set up a beginners running group in your local area or workplace.
If you are enthusiastic, supportive of beginners, have some running experience and a bit of free time and are willing to complete a one day course then why not give it a go?
What will I learn on the course?
- Looking at barriers to running and how to overcome those barriers
- How to develop a session & session components including risk assessment, safety, goals and reviewing practice
- Managing your group to include all abilities
- Session planning, different activities to include, importance of variety
- Goal setting – How to set and use personal goals
- Warming up and cooling down
- Correct stretching for running
- Common injuries and injury prevention
- Footwear – the basics
The cost of the course is £150 (£130 for England Athletics affiliated clubs) and there is one more scheduled to run in North Yorkshire this year:
September/October (Date and venue TBC)
Subsidised Places Available
The North Yorkshire Athletics Network, through North Yorkshire Sport, have some funding to be able to subsidise the Leadership in Running Fitness Qualification (LIRF) by £100. In order to access this subsidy a leader must commit to set up a new running group (or a new session of an existing group) and register the group and 10 new (adult) runners on the Run England portal. At this point the subsidy will be paid direct to the leader.
If you want to apply for the subsidy please complete the form below. Subject to providing the required information you will then be sent a formal application form. If you want to attend a course outside of North Yorkshire then please indicate the date and venue on the form below. You can find the details of other courses by clicking here
If you have any queries regarding the qualification or the process then please email email@example.com