Brief Sporting History:
Mark has coached basketball at various levels across the performance pathway from minis, community and club teams to the county, regional and national representative level with a specialism in the female game coaching at the highest level in the UK in the Women's British Basketball League with Leeds Beckett University.
Off the court Mark started in sports development being self-taught whilst at university and working in York; progressing on to working for Bradford Metropolitan District Council Sports Development Unit as a Community Basketball Coach and to date working for Leeds Force Foundation as Club & Community Development Manager with projects across North & West Yorkshire and Lancashire.
Areas of Expertise:
- Setting up and sustaining new clubs, satellite clubs and competitions
- Bid writing
- Club administration
- Maximising income streams
- Fundraising and sponsorship
- Delivering and assessing engaging sessions
- Recruiting, upskilling and retaining volunteers
- School/club partnerships
- BSc Hons in Sport & Exercise Science
- Numerous NGB Level 1 & Level 2 Coach awards with a specialism in Basketball
- 15 years of planning, delivery, evaluating, developing and importantly mistakes learnt from to share such lessons with others.