Brief Sporting History:
I came to sport late, at the age of 40 and married with 2 children. I came across triathlon and loved the challenge, camaraderie and fun. Open water swimming has been a great experience: swimming several of the English lakes up to 5 miles and completing a year long challenge to swim a mile a day have been particular highlights for me.
I've mainly competed in Sprint distance triathlons (400m swim, 20km bike, 5km run), and some standard distances (1500m swim, 40km bike, 10km run). The great thing about triathlon is the variety of training for 3 disciplines, as well as the practicalities of transitions and the mental challenge of the whole event.
Areas of Expertise:
My focus areas of coaching have been open water swimming, and engaging people of all ages and at all ability levels to get out there and give triathlon a go. I believe strongly in the value of keeping active for mental and physical wellbeing and the area of sport psychology is a particular interest.
With a background in marketing, my focus has always been on people's needs. I enjoy analysing a situation to identify goals, options for progress, and supporting individuals along the way to achieving their aims. I look forward to helping you on your projects.
- Coach education tutor for British Triathlon
- British Triathlon Level 3 coaching certificate (in progress)
- British Triathlon Level 2 coaching certificate (April 2013)
- ASA/BTF/Swim Smooth level 2 Coaching open water swimming award (Sept 2014)
- British Cycling Level 2 coaching cycling certificate (Feb 2014)
- British Cycling Cycle ride leader level 1 (March 2013)
- England Athletics level 1 Run leader award (July 2014)
- MA Economics & Statistics
- MSc Management