Below are a range of resources and research documents to download that can help you to design and run a successful Sportivate project. There is also resources for successful applicants and project managers to use in the delivery of projects
- NYSport Sportivate Y6 Application Form (Apr 16 to Mar 17) (MS Excel, 327 Kb)
- Sportivate Y7 Plan Template 6 Sheets Application For Clubs (Apr 17-March 18 Projects) (MS Excel, 309 Kb)
- Sport England Youth Insight Research - Sept 14 (PDF, 2.2 Mb)
- Sport England - Youth Personalities Under The Skin Feb 16 (PDF, 6.8 Mb)
- Top Tips on engaging females in Sportivate - Women Sport Foundation (PDF, 7 Mb)
- Sportivate Project Guidance - This Girl Can (PDF, 255 Kb)
- Sportivate Participant Registration Form11-15s (PDF, 156 Kb)
- Sportivate Participant Registration Form 16-25s (PDF, 156 Kb)
- Sportivate Online Portal Guidance V6 Updated April 2015 (MS Word, 2.3 Mb)
- Sportivate Online Survey Guidance (PDF, 585 Kb)
- What Makes Your Session Unmissable for Young People (PDF, 94 Kb)
Understanding Youth Insight ‘The challenge of growing youth participation in sport.’
Understanding Youth Insight 'The challenge of growing youth participation in sport.'
Coaches are critical to the success of any youth sports session. In order to help create unmissable coaching sessions, sports coach UK and Sport England, have created a short animation and accompanying support guide for coaches to generate ideas for their sessions.
'What makes your session UNMISSABLE for young people' draws on recent research and contains fun ideas and tips for coaches. Young people are not all the same and want experiences that are tailored to them – coaches need to understand their motivations, their likes, dislikes, hopes and dreams if they are to offer sessions young people want to return to.
Research has found that behaviour can vary from month to month, even week to week rather than always be the same and a positive experience for one young person might be very different to another. This series of animations and guides aims to help coaches see that young people are seeking meaningful experiences and need a reason to come back next week.
See the animation below and above PDF to help make your sessions unmissable.