Apply For Satellite Club Funding Now
Understanding what is important to young people and what their needs and wishes are is the first step when developing a satellite club opportunity. Satellite clubs should then be designed to meet those needs and provide a positive fun experience, giving young people the confidence to take part. Throughout their behaviour change journey, young people should be supported to build regular activity habits either through their continued engagement in the satellite club or through other local opportunities that the young people feel comfortable with.
- New satellite club delivery must be focused on young people aged 14-19.
- Must be targeted at helping these young people become active or build regular activity habits and / or targeting under-represented groups in sport. These include, but are not limited to females, young people with disabilities and those from lower socio-economic groups.
- Should be aligned to achieving the Chief Medical Officers recommendation of delivering moderate to vigorous intensity physical activity.
- Positioned to be able to support young people at points of disruption in their lives.
- Be designed to get young people active and create regular activity habits.
- Be young people (customer) led including involving young people in decisions and design.
- Be linked to or developed into a regular sport and / or physical activity opportunity.
- Take place in the community and look and feel like a community session (Even when based on a school site).
- The project must run for a minimum of 20 weeks.
- Have appropriate safeguarding standards in place.
Support is available to help you create a great experience on our Resources Page
- Satellite Club Application (MS Excel, 56 Kb)
Use this application to submit an outline of your plan to North Yorkshire Sport. Please ensure you have read through our guidance and insight before submitting an application.
- Sustainability Application Form (MS Excel, 57 Kb)
One of our top priorities is to support your session to become sustainable and to help young people who may have already developed a more resilient habit, stay that way .If you have an existing satellite club and wish to apply for further funding to achieve this then please complete this document and return to North Yorkshire Sport
- Satellite Club Application Support document (PDF, 2.4 Mb)