Diploma in Management Studies
HND BTEC Business and Finance
NVQ in Teaching and Training Adults in Further Education
Diploma in Sports Coaching
Brief Sporting History:
I am a member of my local Triathlon Club, concentrating on the disciplines of swimming and cycling. I enjoy open water swimming participating in events and continue to brave the elements throughout the winter months. I have entered Aqua Bikes and Cycle Sportives.
Having always swam regularly and taught swimming in the past the move to the Triathlon disciplines followed many years of playing hockey. As a qualified hockey umpire I occasionally umpire matches. I have in the past taken on a number of roles within hockey clubs and appreciate the time, energy and commitment that volunteers bring to their sports clubs.
Areas of Expertise:
I have over 25 years experience in sport, leisure and community development working across a range of public, private and voluntary settings. I have experience of working for an NGB (National Governing Body) and currently work as an independent sport and leisure consultant.
- Business Development - supporting clubs to develop their plans for a more sustainable future
- Project Management - mapping the way forward and action planning to enable clubs to deliver projects
- Partnerships – supporting how clubs can work and network with other organisations for mutual benefit.
- Funding – guidance on funding options and bid writing
- Operational Management – supporting clubs to review their operations and make improvements.
- Monitoring and Evaluation – assisting clubs to understand are they achieving their aims and objectives