Safeguarding and Protecting Children Course
- Thu, 31 Jan 2019 (18:30 - 21:30)
- Organised By
- North Yorkshire Sport
- Coaching, Course, Safeguarding, York
Create a Positive Sports Experience for Young People
Every child deserves to enjoy their sport. This workshop will raise your awareness of the telltale signs of abuse, and give you the tools and confidence you need to deal with any issues sensitively, appropriately and effectively should the need ever arise in your coaching career.
Updated to address the impact of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012.
You Will Be Able To:
- identify and recognise good coaching practice and the implications for your coaching
- explore your values and feelings in relation to child abuse, and recognise their potential impact on your response
- recognise and respond to possible signs of child abusetake appropriate action if concerns about a child arise.
Please note: Any cancellations must be made at least 2 weeks prior to the course date in order to receive a full refund. Should you be unable to make a payment online then please select the offline payment method and continue your booking to ensure your place is confirmed. Following which you should then contact Robin Lavin (firstname.lastname@example.org) on 01423 637662 for an alternative payment method.