SRMRT Dark Run
Our latest event is Dark Run, think Park Run but in the dark, the course is 5000m (5K) long. The event is based near Dalby Forest Courtyard, Low Dalby, Pickering. Dark run will be on the 2nd March and is part of the North York Moors National Park Dark Skies event. The course is run on a mixture of forest roads, gravel paths, footpaths and wooden bridges. Some sections of the course may accumulate mud, leaves and puddles after rain. Marshals will be at key sections of the course, signs will be in place with snap lights on them.
- Dalby Forest, Dalby Forest, Visitors Centre, Pickering, North Yorkshire, YO18 7LT
- Amy Garrett / firstname.lastname@example.org / 07746357580
- Sat, 02 Mar 2019 (18:00 - 19:00)
SRMRT Dark Run
Because the run will be in the dark we expect all entrants to have a torch, preferably a head torch, with a beam strong enough to see in the forest.
Please remember that the parkrun uses shared paths. Please give way to other park users. This won't hurt your time, it won't stop you from getting a PB and it will make sure everyone continues to enjoy the event.
Well behaved dogs will be allowed on the course.
If you do have to drive to Dalby, please consider car-sharing to reduce our impact on both the environment and other park users. Please use the main car park near the visitor centre, your entrance fee to Dark Run includes the Dalby Entrance charge. Please also watch out for other park users when arriving and leaving. Parking may be limited so try to arrive early.
Dark Run will cost all runners £5, this includes entrance to Dalby Forest with all profits going to SRMRT.
- Toilets are located in the Dalby Forest Courtyard as well as the main Visitor Centre. There are disabled facilities in both locations.
- There is plenty of car parking located between the Dalby Forest Courtyard and the Visitor Centre. There are a number of disabled parking bays near both the Visitor Centre and Courtyard.
- Now with full professional electronic timing.