Woodward Charitable Trust
Summary: Small grants, between £100-£5,000 (around 100 grants made per year) for social inclusion projects. Prospective applicants should be aware that less than 15% of the applications received are successful.
- Contact Name
- Mrs Karin Hooper
- Amount Available
- £100 to £5,000
- Type of funding
- Club, Group or Organisation, Disability Groups, Education / Training
- Yorkshire Sport Foundation
About Woodward Charitable Trust
Applications will only be considered if they fall within the following areas:
- Children and young people who are isolated, at risk of exclusion or involved in anti-social behaviour.
- Prisoners and ex-offenders. Projects that help the rehabilitation and resettlement of prisoners and/or ex-offenders are supported as well as requests to help prisoners' families
- Disadvantaged women, covering refuges, domestic violence and parenting.
- Disability projects, which can include rehabilitation and training for people who are either physically disabled or learning disabled.
- Arts outreach work by local groups involving disadvantaged people.
- Projects that promote integration and community cohesion amongst minority groups, including refugees and travellers.
Trustees DO NOT fund unsolicited applications from charities whose annual income exceeds £300,000 or for:
- Construction projects such as playgrounds, village halls, and disabled accesses
- General school appeals including out of hours provision
- Medical research
- Parish facilities
- Playgroups and pre-school groups
- Requests for vehicles
- Individuals in any capacity
- Educational fees
General grants are usually allocated following Trustees' meetings which will happen in February/March and October/November each year. The Trustees favour small-scale, locally based initiatives. Funding is primarily for one-off projects, but the Trustees are willing to consider funding running costs (including core cost and salaries).
All application forms are assessed on arrival and acknowledged within 6-8 weeks. If additional information is required we will contact you further.
Applicants must make sure we receive a project budget.
North Yorkshire Sport is not responsible for the accuracy of information provided by third-parties and accepts no liability relating to any information contained on the site. If any contact details have been provided, It is recommended that you contact them directly.