Information about Dalby Forest
With so many different corners to explore, no two visits to Dalby Forest will ever be the same!
Glacial valleys to the south create a unique 'rigg and dale' landscape, while the north of the forest sits on an upland plateau. The landscape offers a variety of different trails - whether you are looking for a gentle stroll, challenging bike ride or active run – all amid breath taking scenery.
Dalby Forest is home to an abundance of internationally important wildlife species and is also a designated Dark Sky Discovery Site, where you can experience the magic of seeing the Milky Way with the naked eye.
Come rain or shine, day or night, you will have a fantastic forest adventure and create lasting memories at any time of the year.
At a glance
- 13 walking trails (including easy access)
- 6 cycling trails
- 4 running trails
- Visitor Centre
- 2 play areas - open (Grandfather Oak Structure closed)
- Go Ape - open, please visit their web page
- Café - open, take-away only, face covering required
- BBQ not allowed
- Bike shop and hire - open Tues - Sun
- Activity Centre - open, please visit their web page
- Dogs welcome
For more detailed information please visit