Sports Coaches - Essential Life Skills
Essential life skills is a funded project being delivered in schools across Doncaster. Active Fusion will deliver a range of short courses/programmes (some accredited) developing young people’s essential life skills through physical health/well-being, sport and creative programmes. The course outcomes and the essential life skills developed will be based on the needs of the young people. These can be developed around the following; Confidence, motivation, communication/co-operation, resilience/perseverance, healthy approach to success/failure, leadership, team work/social skills, volunteering/work experience, organisational skills, time management.
- 15 hours per week approx £520 per month, 30 hours per week approx £1040 per month
- Active Fusion
- Placed On
- Tue 6th November, 2018
- 5:00pm - Mon 10th December, 2018
- Job Reference
- Active Fusion Sport Coaches - Essential Life Skills
About Sports Coaches - Essential Life Skills
About Active Fusion
Mission: 'Be the best you can be'
Vision: To help every child develop a love for being active by developing potential and creating positive habits which last a life time.
Active Fusion is a charitable organisation with a proven track record of supporting local young people who face extreme challenges and hurdles. We provide opportunities for young people to 'be the best they can be' and to create sustainable pathways into further education, training and employment. Our team works with over 23,000 young people each year.
Our 3 main objectives are to;
- Increase physical well-being
- Increase employability
- Improve the quality of teaching and learning within Physical Education.
Underpinning these 3 areas of provision is a range of services which both schools and communities can access to support the physical health and well-being of the current and next generation of young people. These include:
- Leadership pathways from 5 - 18 years
- Apprenticeship qualifications and accredited courses
- Professional development training courses for teachers and other school staff
- Over 80 sports competitions, events, and conferences.
- Gold and Silver P.E. Sport and physical wellbeing packages for schools
- PE specialist curriculum support and delivery
- Sports and physical activity holiday programmes focusing on essential life skills
- Specialist dance packages
Physical Education, physical activity and well-being have the potential to make a significant contribution to an individual's quality of life. By putting the child at the heart of everything we do we have the following principles which guide our work:
Develop - We strive to develop the whole person, giving them the best start in life.
Challenge - We challenge ourselves, and others to be the best they can be Passion - We show pride, enthusiasm and dedication.
Professional - We are professional in all the work we do, striving for perfection.
Inclusive - We provide inclusive services, believing that everybody has the opportunity to be as active and healthy as they can possibly be.
Integrity - We will do what we say, demonstrate good character and encourage a relationship of mutual trust and respect.
Follow the link to our vacancies page to apply, interviews will take place W/C 17/12/2018
North Yorkshire Sport is not responsible for the accuracy of information provided by third-parties and accepts no liability relating to any information contained on the site. If any contact details have been provided, It is recommended that you contact them directly.