An exciting opportunity has arisen at the RFL, the national governing body for Rugby League in the UK. We are seeking to appoint a Competition Manager based at our offices in Leeds The role is varied and involves being regularly contactable during out of office hours, evenings and weekends.
- Leeds, LS17 8NB
- Contact Name
- Kate Kerr
- Contact Telephone
- 0113 8239118
- Contact Email
- Full Time
- Placed On
- Thu 29th November, 2018
- 11:45pm - Fri 7th December, 2018
- Sport / Activity
- Rugby League
About Competition Manager
- To lead and manage all aspects of the development of Community Competitions to ensure all planned strategies and programmes are delivered in accordance with the RFL's objectives of growing the game by 5% and retaining players in the sport.
- To ensure that the Competitions are efficiently organised and delivered in accordance with the RFL Operational Rules including misconduct, disciplinary, fixtures and results.
- Develop customer centric Competition structures which meet the needs of participants.
- Develop, manage and maintain appropriate relationships with all internal and external partners.
- Motivate and support individuals and groups, together with practical experience of managing staff and multiple stakeholders to achieve results.
Experience and Qualifications
- Experience of managing/leading events
- Experience of working with volunteers
- A strong focus in customer service and quality.
- Experience of managing a budget
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in a similar role.
- Excellent knowledge of Excel, Word and Outlook.
- A degree in a sports related subject
In return for your efforts we offer a competitive salary and benefits which include health insurance, health cash plan, cycle to work scheme, workplace pension and a chance to be part of an exciting business.
Appointment may be made subject to a DBS check.
The Rugby Football League has confirmed that it will be relocating to the Etihad Campus in East Manchester. This will be a phased relocation which will take place by Autumn/Winter 2021.
If you are an applicant with disability who meets the essential requirements of the job, we will interview you. We would be pleased to receive applications in alternative formats.
The Rugby Football League welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons
regardless of Age, Sex, Race, Disability, Pregnancy, Marital/ Civil Partnership status, Sexual
orientation, Gender reassignment or Religious background.
The RFL is committed to equality through diversity.
North Yorkshire Sport is not responsible for the accuracy of information provided by third-parties and accepts no liability relating to any information contained on the site. If any contact details have been provided, It is recommended that you contact them directly.