Walking and Cycling Coordinator
The Walking and Cycling Coordinator will work across Bolsover district to develop walking and cycling initiatives and opportunities for individuals and groups including children, families and older adults. They will work to address barriers which affect people’s inactivity levels through engaging with a wide range of groups and individuals. The post holder will be required to work on their own initiative and with other organisations and partners to develop and promote walking and cycling opportunities. This will involve working with members of the Active BD Partnership, including Bolsover District School Sport Partnership, Bolsover Countryside Partnership and Active Derbyshire.
About Walking and Cycling Coordinator
To develop, promote and co-ordinate a range of initiatives and opportunities to increase participation in walking and cycling in Bolsover district through:
- Identifying target communities within Bolsover district where these programmes will have most impact
- Supporting existing 'walking for Health' walks and developing and supporting new walks in target communities
- Promoting, supporting and playing an active role in the development of the county wide walking programme 'Walking Derbyshire'
- Developing, promoting and delivering a programme of community 'Cycling for Health' courses and other cycling opportunities within Bolsover district
- Utilising, promoting and encouraging the use of multi-user trails, quiet roads and the access network across the district
- Supporting the development of 'Community Cycling Clubs', identifying community volunteers and (training them as ride leaders) to champion the programme and support sessions, as well as signposting groups to resources and organisations that will help to sustain their development
- Identifying and mapping the best walks and rides across the district and developing materials to promote their use, using a range of media, including social media
- Producing a range of leaflets and other media to help promote cycling and walking across the district
- Developing projects and seeking funding that will add value to cycling and walking throughout the district
North Yorkshire Sport is not responsible for the accuracy of information provided by third-parties and accepts no liability relating to any information contained on the site. If any contact details have been provided, It is recommended that you contact them directly.