Swimming & Aquatics Development Officer (CO0825)
We’ve got an exciting opportunity available for talented individuals to join our workforce - perhaps this is the opportunity you’ve been waiting for? Read on to find out more… There has never been a better time to join Nottingham City Council. Known for inclusivity and innovation, we have also won a host of Employee Benefits Awards, are a leading employer of Apprentices and we are continually working around the clock to deliver high quality services for Nottingham’s citizens, visitors and investors.
- Contact Name
- Claire Sullivan
- Contact Telephone
- 07904 401420
- Contact Email
- £28,785 to £30,507
- Full Time
- Placed On
- Wed 15th May, 2019
- 12:00am - Wed 22nd May, 2019
- Job Reference
About Swimming & Aquatics Development Officer (CO0825)
This position is Politically Restricted. Refer to Applicant Guidance notes for further information.
Fixed term position for 12 Months to cover Maternity Leave.
The starting salary is £28,785 (Level One) rising to £30,507 (Level Two) on the first year anniversary, subject to satisfactory completion of a probation period (pro rata for part time workers).
We've got an exciting opportunity available for talented individuals to join our workforce - perhaps this is the opportunity you've been waiting for? Read on to find out more…
There has never been a better time to join Nottingham City Council. Known for inclusivity and innovation, we have also won a host of Employee Benefits Awards, are a leading employer of Apprentices and we are continually working around the clock to deliver high quality services for Nottingham's citizens, visitors and investors.
Our aspiration is to make Nottingham a Great City, but to do this we need to be a Great Council, provide Great Services and recruit and develop a Great Workforce.
Join an organisation that gives you extra – we will value your contributions, promote flexible and modern ways of working, will double your monthly pension contributions, offer a very generous 25-32 days holiday package each year (exclusive of public bank holidays and dependent on length of service) and give you the option to purchase up to 28 days additional holiday tax-free!
As Swimming and Aquatic Development Officer you will manage the strategic direction of Swimming and Aquatics in the City. This will involve developing comprehensive plans to deliver an increase in swimming participation and income whilst also improving quality of delivery and creating clear progressive pathways for swimmers, volunteers, coaches and teachers.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
• Successful management of the Nottingham Swim School programme across the seven pool sites
• Service lead for the use of Learn 2 software and all the functions and processes associated with administratively managing the Nottingham Swim School programme
• Increasing the number of swimmers enrolled onto the Nottingham Swim School programme by 1,000 across the seven pool sites and working closely with the marketing team on the delivery of the marketing plan
• Ensuring that the Business Plan objectives for 2019-20 are met and developing a Business Plan for 2020-21 that increases both income and membership
• Leading on the workforce plan ensuring we are continually recruiting qualified swimming teachers as well as organising a comprehensive training programme of swimming teacher training and CPD opportunities for internal staff
• Ensuring that the quality of the Nottingham Swim School programme continues to be of a high standard ensuring retention of members.
• Producing monthly reports showing income, membership numbers, cancellations and providing key information to the senior management team
• Working in partnership with local swimming and aquatic clubs to continue to promote and support the pathways from the Nottingham Swim School programme into local clubs
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS:• Experience of working within Sport, Leisure, Physical activity, Health or other specialist related field and of developing a range of Sport England or NGB programmes or projects
• Understanding the role and priorities of a range of sports partners including Swim England and knowledge of current issues affecting the safe delivery and development of swimming in City communities
• Excellent range of communication and consultation skills and the ability to utilise effectively and appropriately with a wide diversity of people
• Ability to produce and present a range of high quality written reports and plans
• Ability to anaylse priorities and key influences, working successfully with partners and translate into effective delivery of events, programmes and initiatives
• Proven organisational skills and the ability to manage a project from concept to completion, including setting appropriate milestones and timescales
For more information, please view the Job Description and Person Specification which are attached further down on this page.
For informal enquiries please contact Claire Sullivan Tel: 07904 401420 Email: Claire.Sullivan@nottinghamcity.gov.uk
Useful information for Applicants
Please ensure you read our Terms and Conditions information, which includes advice on pay, annual leave and hours of working and our Total Rewards Package, which includes information on some of the great benefits when working for Nottingham City Council.
This post is covered by the statutory duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) (English Language Requirement for public sector workers) and therefore the ability to speak fluent English, as detailed in the job description and person specification, is an essential requirement for the role.
Nottingham City Council are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion and we are striving to have a reflective workforce of the citizens we serve.As a result of our commitment to this agenda, we anonymise all applications to remove the risk of unconscious bias. The application process will capture your personal details (including your name) and these details will only be made visible to recruiting managers once the shortlisting stage has been completed
We particularly welcome applicants from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) communities and applicants that consider themselves disabled as these groups are currently under represented within our workforce.
Nottingham City Council is open to conversations regarding flexible working options at the point of interview.
swimming-aquatics-development-officer---job-profile.doc (Document, 1.6 Mb)
North Yorkshire Sport is not responsible for the accuracy of information provided by third-parties and accepts no liability relating to any information contained on the site. If any contact details have been provided, It is recommended that you contact them directly.