Lead Coach - Gymnastics
An exciting opportunity has arisen at York City Gymnastics Foundation to join the coaching team. YCGF are looking for a motivated individual / individuals who enjoy working with children and have a passion for the sport of gymnastics. A range of hours is available for a lead coach role in girls, boys, trampoline and pre-school gymnastics. Normal business hours are Mon-Thu 9am-9:15pm, Fri 9am-6.30pm and Sat 9am-2.30pm during class terms. Out of class terms YCGF operate a reduced programme of gymnastics. Working hours will be largely dependent on the gymnastics qualifications a successful candidate holds and will be to “business needs”.
- York City Gymnastics Foundation, York, YO31 7SX
- Contact Name
- Committee of Trustees
- Contact Telephone
- 01904 611111
- Contact Email
- £10 to £20
- Placed On
- Tue 11th June, 2019
- 6:00pm - Mon 8th July, 2019
- Sport / Activity
- Interview Date
- Mon 15th July, 2019
About Lead Coach - Gymnastics
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Duties include, but are not limited to, those listed below:
- Delivery and coaching of gymnastics classes.
- Assisting in the development and preparation of class lesson plans in conjunction with existing class leaders & Head Coach.
- Delivery of YCGF's gymnastics proficiency badge schemes.
- Assisting with the organisation and running of YCGF events such as annual championships, displays etc.
- Providing coaching cover for existing coaches, as and when required.
- Assisting with coach development through mentoring and training.
- Assisting with risk assessments, equipment inspections and related health and safety administration/tasks.
- Attending appropriate and relevant training courses required for the effective performance of duties and in support of continuous professional development.
- Be an integral part of the YCGF's dedicated team.
- Be an ambassador for YCGF, ensuring that your behaviour reflects well on the Foundation at all times.
- Adherence to all YCGF procedures and policies.
- Any other duties as requested by the Head of Coaching & Gymnastics or Trustees in order to meet the needs and demands of the Foundation.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE MUST:
- Have a minimum Level 2 UKCC gymnastics coaching award in one (or more) of the following gymnastics disciplines: General, Pre-school, Men's Artistic, Women's Artistic, or Trampoline gymnastics.
- Have a minimum of 2 years coaching experience.
- Have a first aid qualification, or be willing to work towards.
- Be able to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of child safeguarding legislation and have attended a safeguarding training course within the last 3 years.
- Undergo an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, prior to starting.
The following would also be desirable for the successful candidate:
- Demonstrable skills in time management, planning and leadership.
- Experience mentoring and guiding coaches through relevant L1 (or higher) coaching awards – e.g. completion of course log books etc.
- Experience of the YCGF class structure, coaching structure and philosophy.
PAY & BENEFITS:
Remuneration: £10 - £20 per hour depending on qualification level and experience
Holidays: 25 days per annum plus bank holidays (pro-rata)
YCGF has been established for over 30 years and is a registered Charitable Incorporated Organisation that aims to benefit the wider York community through the provision of gymnastics facilities and classes for the benefit of our members. YCGF is committed to the safeguarding, protection and wellbeing of children and expects only the highest professional standards and conduct from all of our paid and voluntary staff.
HOW TO APPLY
Please forward your CV and a covering letter addressed to the Committee of Trustees by email or by post to YCGF, The Gymnastics Centre, St John's Walk, Heworth Green, York, YO31 7SX.
Application deadline: Monday 08th July at 6pm
Interviews to take place: week commencing 15th July 2019
Successful candidate to start: ASAP
North Yorkshire Sport is not responsible for the accuracy of information provided by third-parties and accepts no liability relating to any information contained on the site. If any contact details have been provided, It is recommended that you contact them directly.