Sports Coach/Rugby League Coach
The Featherstone Rovers Foundation is looking to appoint a part time RL coach or Sports Coach on 23 hours per week minimum. The position is to foster and support the growth of sport & Rugby League within the Wakefield District. The role requires a highly organised individual who is self-motivated, able to work under pressure without supervision. A team player who will endeavour to work closely with the current team, supporting as necessary to achieve individual and team goals. A sound knowledge and experience of Rugby League and other sports.
About Sports Coach/Rugby League Coach
The ideal candidate will be flexible & available to work some pre arranged evenings and weekends including Featherstone Rovers Home games.
- Assist delivery of School Sports Partnerships
- Support the delivery the Rugby League Development Plan
- Coordinate a number of small funded projects, these include Men's Weight Management, Healthy Lifestyle programmes, Try Sport
- Develop the Featherstone Rovers Foundation Ambassadors Scheme, sustaining and creating positive links with community clubs and other voluntary organisations
- Arrange and deliver match day activities at Featherstone Rovers home games to increase attendances
- Additional work as requested by line manager to promote Featherstone Rovers Foundation
- Level 2 UKCC Rugby League Essential
- Have a Valid Driving Licence & use of a car is essential
- Be able to work as part of the team or individually and be physically active
- Must be reliable
- Ability to manage own work load & have excellent time management
- Experience of coaching at Primary & Secondary school level
- Level 2 in other sports would be desirable e.g. Multi skills, Football, Cricket etc.
- Safeguarding and Paediatric First Aid Certificates desirable
- Experience of organising events E.g. Rugby Festivals, sports days, fundraisers
- Sound IT Skills
This is an excellent opportunity for the right person to become part of a small team, working in a unique professional Rugby League environment.
The successful candidate will be subject to DBS check & references.
To apply please send your CV and covering letter stating why you would be suitable for the position and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday 30th September 2021
The post is to be based at the Millenium Stadium.
North Yorkshire Sport is not responsible for the accuracy of information provided by third-parties and accepts no liability relating to any information contained on the site. If any contact details have been provided, It is recommended that you contact them directly.