Wicketz Development Officer
Yorkshire Cricket Foundation are looking for a Wicketz Development Officer, reporting to the Participation Manager, based at Headingley Stadium with Flexible/Hybrid working. The role will also require travel across Leeds and Bradford. In this role you will: • Sustain and develop three, sustainable community cricket hubs across Leeds and Bradford, that operate all year round, offering participation, learning opportunities and personal development for 8-19 year olds.
About Wicketz Development Officer
The Yorkshire Cricket Foundation is a registered charity that delivers community projects across the county. Using the power of sport and cricket in particular, the Foundation aims to make a lasting, positive impact on the lives of those living in Yorkshire.
The work of the foundation falls under four key themes: • Education • Health & Wellbeing • Participation • Heritage.
We are now looking for a Wicketz Development Officer, reporting to the Participation Manager, based at Headingley Stadium with Flexible/Hybrid working. The role will also require travel across Leeds and Bradford.
In this role you will:
• Sustain and develop three, sustainable community cricket hubs across Leeds and Bradford, that operate all year round, offering participation, learning opportunities and personal development for 8-19 year olds.
Find out more about our Wicketz programme here.
Yorkshire Cricket Foundation operates equal opportunities and acceptable behaviour policies. We welcome and encourage applications from people from all communities – both nationally and locally, recognising that a diverse workforce is beneficial for the organisation and the communities it serves.
To apply for the role, you should meet the following criteria:
• Awareness of relevant sport and community programmes, agencies and initiatives
• Understanding of how engagement in sport can positively impact on wider social and community issues
• Awareness of cricket/sport development pathways and coaching guidelines
• Ability to relate to, and engage, young people and adults from different backgrounds
• Be self-motivated and can motivate others
• Ability to reflect, review and adapt
• Ability to work within a team
• Ability to use a solution focused approach to problem solving
• Ability to meet agreed targets
• Ability to work unsupervised
• Good IT skills
• Ability to evaluate all activity in an agreed format
• Able to operate safely within the workplace by identifying risk and using safe working practices
• Excellent organisation skills and ability to multi-task
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
• Experience in delivering safe, structured and enjoyable sports/cricket coaching in schools, clubs or local communities
• Experience in using sport for development, both for individuals and the community
• Experience of organising competitions and events
• Ability to encourage a healthy and active lifestyle to improve behaviour, concentration and academic success
• Experience of supporting children to enhance their social and life skills through sport
• Ability to work alongside teachers and community figures to instill core values amongst children and young adults
• Ability to manage and motivate volunteers and other YCF staff
• Understanding of the needs of target groups including women & girls, minority ethnic communities, disabled people and people from disadvantaged background and areas of deprivation
• Experience of delivering development initiatives
• An ECB cricket coaching qualification
• ECB UKCC Level 2 or equivalent cricket coaching qualification
• Attendance on First Aid and Safeguarding & Protecting Children courses
• Experience of undertaking risk assessments
For an informal discussion about the post or for the job description please contact Kendal James, the YCF Participation Mananger, on E: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply please click the link below where you will find the full job description, and submit a cover letter outlining how your skills and experience fit the role, alongside a CV, to email@example.com.
The closing date for applications is Monday 31st January at 5pm.
Interviews are to be held on week-commencing Monday 7th February.
For further information on the Yorkshire Cricket Foundation, please visit our website www.yorkshirecricketfoundation.com and our social media channels.
wicketz-jd-development-officer-2022-(1).pdf (PDF, 200.8 Kb)
North Yorkshire Sport is not responsible for the accuracy of information provided by third-parties and accepts no liability relating to any information contained on the site. If any contact details have been provided, It is recommended that you contact them directly.