Marketing & Communications Officer
We are looking for an experienced, confident communicator who can represent Active Dorset in a variety of settings and help us build relationships with key stakeholders and partner organisations across Dorset.
- From £28,000 (dependent on experience)
- Full Time
- Active Dorset Community Interest Company
- Placed On
- Thu 12th May, 2022
- 5:00pm - Sun 29th May, 2022
About Marketing & Communications Officer
Contract: Fixed term 12 months (Maternity leave cover)
Salary: From £28,000 (dependent on experience)
Hours and location: full time (38 hours per week), part time job share applications considered. Based from our Bournemouth office at Slades Park Pavilion. Flexible working hours are supported along with an agile working pattern with a mix of home and office based working each week.
Active Dorset are one of 43 Active Partnerships across England. We work collaboratively to create the conditions for an active nation and use the power of sport and physical activity to transform lives. The Active Partnerships national team is the improvement and innovation agency that leads, supports and represents Active Partnerships. The team is focused on learning what works locally and driving collaboration and impact across the network.
People in Dorset choose to enjoy an active lifestyle through participation in sport and physical activity.
Our Mission Statement
Supporting strategic leaders with high quality advice and advocacy so that people in Dorset choose to enjoy an active lifestyle through participation in sport and physical activity.
- You will be interested in physical activity, helping people to improve their wellbeing and live more years in better health.
- You have excellent people skills, are confident to lead when required and enjoy speaking to a wide range of people at all levels of seniority and background
- You will be a skilled at designing creative content to tell the story and impact of our work.
- You will understand how to create content that appeals to different audiences, knowing what engages and inspires change in others.
- You enjoy being part of a fun and friendly team
- You are self driven and happy to work using your own initiative
- You will know your way around content management systems and navigate IT with ease
About the role
- We are looking for an experienced, confident communicator who can represent Active Dorset in a variety of settings and help us build relationships with key stakeholders and partner organisations across Dorset.
- Much of the role will involve stakeholder management. Identifying opportunities to work with partner organisations and influencing to embed high quality physical activity communications tailored to different audiences.
- A key requirement of the role is the creation of excellent content, using data and insight to develop tailored messaging that inspires people to move more.
- The role will require you to manage and deliver the marketing and communications workplan, delivering outcomes against the Active Dorset business plan and strategy.
- The role will include management of social media channels, website, branding and PR, as well as the design of promotional materials and any outsourcing of design work to third parties.
- Diverse talent is underrepresented in Active Dorset. Active Dorset is committed to diversity and equal opportunities and want to build a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. We welcome applications from individuals representing different race, ethnicity, disability, or any protected characteristics, to help us understand and work with all communities.
- Company pension, with 5% contribution from Active Dorset
- Up to 30 days holiday per year plus bank holidays
- Agile and flexible working supported
- Free eye care vouchers
- Enhanced maternity/paternity and sick leave policies
- Represent Active Dorset and build relationships with key stakeholders and communities
- Manage the delivery of Active Dorset's marketing and communications work plan
- Utilise local and national data and insight to determine the focus of our marketing and communications work to deliver maximum impact for our priority target audiences.
- Develop creative content that tells the story of the benefits of being active, including articles, social media content, and the development of local campaigns, to inspire behaviour change amongst the Dorset population.
- Support the team to convey the impact of our work, through creation of articles and social media content, development of case studies and other media such as videos.
- Work with partner organisations and key stakeholders to share high quality physical activity and movement messaging, influencing the content shared by other organisations.
- Raise awareness of Dorset's physical activity strategy and support creation of marketing content for the strategy.
- Provide marketing and communications support to Active Dorset CIO
- Lead on our annual partner satisfaction survey, implementing actions from results and maintaining communication with partners.
- Manage communication channels such as website, social media and maintain branding materials in line with brand guidelines.
- Lead on GDPR for the organisation ensuring any processes that include use or collection of personal data adhere to latest guidelines.
- Contribute to the ongoing development of our equality and diversity action plan, demonstrating a commitment to continuous improvement.
- Complete reporting to third parties, Active Dorset Board and Sport England as required by the senior management team.
- Ensure high quality administration and record keeping at all times
Please note: The duties and responsibilities of this post are not restrictive, and the post holder may be required on occasion to undertake other duties. This will not substantially change the nature of the post.
For an informal conversation about the role, or to express an interest please contact Claire Tabor; email@example.com
Applicants will be shortlisted on the basis of demonstrating that they fulfil the following criteria in their application form and should include clear examples of how they meet these criteria.
Essential/Desirable Requirements Qualifications/ training/registrations
1. Good understanding of the third sector; of physical activity and of Marketing and Communications
2. Good standard of numeracy and written literacy skills
3. Educated to GCSE Standard or Equivalent
4. Previous experience in a marketing and communication role
5. Experience working with partner organisations, influencing and affecting change.
6. Proven experience of leading and managing work programmes, projects, or strategy
7. Experience of using content management systems.
8. Experience of using a range of IT systems, including Adobe indesign, Word, Excel, email and databases.
Skills, abilities & knowledge
9. Excellent communication skills – written, telephone, verbal and non-verbal, and listening skills
10. Creative with a good understanding of how to present content that will engage different audiences
11. Confident with the ability to lead in certain situations, presenting to others and chairing meetings
12. Strong administration and planning skills, with the ability to prioritise, often managing competing priorities and deadlines
13. Graphic design and media skills would be an advantage
North Yorkshire Sport is not responsible for the accuracy of information provided by third-parties and accepts no liability relating to any information contained on the site. If any contact details have been provided, It is recommended that you contact them directly.