NCS Assistant Team Leader - North Yorkshire
The main function of this role is to successfully support with leading a group of up to 16 young people (aged 15-17) through the NCS Summer programme during each 2-week programme. This includes being an Assistant Team Leader on a 4-night, 5-day residential trip and then support the successful completion of Social Action Projects in your local community during the 2nd week.
- Yorkshire Cricket Foundation
- Placed On
- Wed 25th May, 2022
- 12:00am - Mon 25th July, 2022
- Job Reference
- NCS-Assistant TL
About NCS Assistant Team Leader - North Yorkshire
- To support with Leading, Inspiring and Motivating a team of up to 16 young people, aged between 15-17 years old, through the NCS programme ensuring a positive experience.
- To support with facilitating the team building & reflection activities during the programme and offer guidance to the young people to ensure maximum development throughout.
- To work alongside the Team Leader and/or Wave Leader to deal with challenging behaviour and any additional support needed.
- To support with facilitating the delivery of the teams Social Action Projects during phase 3 of the programme.
- To support with safeguarding young people during the NCS programme and report concern / issues to the Team Leader / Wave Leader or NCS Manager.
- To follow all policies and procedures provided by the NCS Manager and in some cases the Wave Leader.
- To ensure all logistics and administration tasks are complete to a high standard in accordance with Yorkshire Cricket Foundation's policies and procedures.
- Be responsible for representing Yorkshire Cricket Foundation during NCS in a professional manner
- To undertake the NCS training weekend
Skills and Experience required:
- Experience working with young people in either a youth or sport setting
- Good knowledge of the NCS programme
- Ability to Inspire, Motivate and Empower a team of young people with a passion and enjoyment for working with young people
- Proven ability to problem-solve and work using own initiative
- Ability to build rapport and maintain effective relationships with young people and to have confidence in developing the respect of young people
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Proven ability to work with young people from diverse communities and to implement equal and inclusive practices
- A strong understanding of safeguarding practices and the ability to sign post to relevant agencies
- To constantly listen to the needs of the young people, and report to the NCS Wave Leader assigned to your wave with any issues.
- A proven ability to effectively resolve potential or existing conflict
- Experience with project planning and delivery to ensure good quality social action projects during phase 3.
- Strong administrative and organisational skills
- Experience building relationships with external partners
Note: The role does involve training, supervising, working with and/or being in sole charge of children and young people. The successful applicant will be required to complete a Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) Check. A disclosure is an impartial and confidential document that details an individual's criminal record and where appropriate gives details of those who are banned from working with children.
The role is also subject to the completion of reference checks and the successful completion of NCS training.
Dates and Locations:
Wave 1 – Monday 4th July – Friday 15th July
Wave 2 – Monday 18th July – Friday 29th July
Monday 11th July – Friday 22nd July
Monday 1st August – Friday 12th August
Monday 1st August – Friday 12th August
Please note – multiple waves are possible across different areas so please make us aware of the location(s) you are applying to.
North Yorkshire Sport is not responsible for the accuracy of information provided by third-parties and accepts no liability relating to any information contained on the site. If any contact details have been provided, It is recommended that you contact them directly.