Chair – Inclusion Advisory Group (IAG)
Suffolk FA is inviting applications for the position of Chair – Inclusion Advisory Group who will also be a Trustee of the Suffolk FA Board of Trustees and act as the strategic lead for our equality, diversity and inclusion work.
- Suffolk FA
- Placed On
- Tue 21st June, 2022
- 12:00am - Mon 11th July, 2022
About Chair – Inclusion Advisory Group (IAG)
The Chair (IAG) will help shape Suffolk FA's direction of travel to ensure children, young people and adults of all backgrounds and communities can access high quality opportunities. The appointed Chair (IAG) will lead the Inclusion Advisory Group to support Suffolk FA in updating and delivering a local Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Strategy (ED&I) that will form a key part of our Business Strategy, as well as support projects across the organisation that will continue to help us achieve the Equality Standards for sport.
As a Trustee you will:
- Serve as a Trustee of the Board of Trustees and actively participate in its strategic management
- Execute the responsibilities of a Company Director and Trustee in accordance with the Companies Act (2006), the Charities Act (2011) and other relevant legislation
- Ensure the effective implementation of Board decisions by the CEO and staff, monitoring the effective management and delivery of Suffolk FA's strategic aims and objectives
- Promote equality of opportunity throughout Suffolk FA
- Safeguard the interests of the Membership and stakeholders of the Association
- Oversee the management of risk to the Association
- Develop and maintain an effective corporate governance structure
- Contribute to constructive debate on all Board matters.
As Chair (IAG) you will:
- Lead and manage the creation of Suffolk FA's Inclusion Advisory Group which will have a minimum of six (6) members and maximum of 12.
- Chair the IAG, meeting at least four (4) times per year
- Challenge and support Suffolk FA in terms of our commitment to Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion
- Support the delivery of equality objectives, ensuring they are embedded across Suffolk FA
- Develop an Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (ED&I) plan
- Promote a culture of respect for inclusion and champion inclusion and equality issues across football
- Support with Equality Impact Assessments
- Seek funding opportunities to support any specific equality projects
- Develop and maintain critical key relationships with various community leaders and organisations within Suffolk
- Be a positive ambassador for Suffolk FA
Suffolk FA is committed to creating a Board of diverse skills, experiences and backgrounds who can add value to the game and our activities in Suffolk. It is essential that applicants have significant knowledge and experience of operating at a strategic level and equally bring a breadth and depth of knowledge or experience in equality matters. You will need to be able to think strategically and have the capacity to guide the implementation of local inclusion provisions. You will need to be an advocate of the role of football within inclusion and anti-discrimination with a proven ability to work collaboratively and challenge constructively. We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, ethnicity, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, and belief.
How to Apply:
To apply please provide a CV together with a covering letter explaining your interest and why your feel your experience is suitable for this position. Applications should be addressed to: Mr Phil Lawler, Chair – Board of Trustees – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: 12:00 noon on Monday 11th July 2022
sfa-advertisement-iag-chair.pdf (PDF, 223.2 Kb)
North Yorkshire Sport is not responsible for the accuracy of information provided by third-parties and accepts no liability relating to any information contained on the site. If any contact details have been provided, It is recommended that you contact them directly.