We have an exciting new opportunity for a Swimming Teacher, at Places Leisure, where you will be working in a fun, lively environment with likeminded people. You will help to inspire others to work together and deliver their very best. With your passion for teaching, swimming and excellent class programming and instructing skills, you will be full of enthusiasm whilst engaging with our customers and impressing them with your extensive knowledge and expertise.
About Swimming Teacher
All of our swimmer development stages are based on the National Plan for Teaching Swimming, and as such, our Swimming Teachers should hold a minimum of UKCC Level 2. It would be advantageous if you hold a Lifesaving Qualification (NPLQ or NRASTC), however, if you are a motivated and driven individual, then with our continuous learning and development opportunities, we would be happy to support you in achieving either of these qualifications.
There are many opportunities available for you within Places Leisure. Your career with us as a Swimming Teacher is a great first step to many different routes including a Swimming Co-ordinator and a Contract Swimming Development Manager.
In the Swimming Teacher role, we will offer ongoing training and development opportunities, including support with your NPLQ or NRASTC qualifications, enhancing your customer service skills and much more.
More about you
- Passionate about helping people of all ages learn to swim or become stronger, faster, or more confident when swimming.
- You will work with customers in groups and sometimes on a one-to-one basis to motivate and instruct them during their lessons.
- You will be a friendly, approachable, and patient individual with the ability to build trust, encourage and motivate your students.
- You will thrive on supporting students to achieve their potential, drawing on your continual knowledge and experience of industry best practice whilst applying teaching skills in the most effective way.
- Always looking to seek out development opportunities and potential ideas to further improve the service we provide.
Our ambition gives you all the challenge you could wish for and that's why we can offer you tangible and exciting career progression in a diverse and pioneering business.
Here people can flourish, thrive, better themselves and work in fantastic communities with inspirational colleagues and customers.
We know that there's always more we can do to make you smile, that's why we offer a comprehensive benefits package to help colleagues save money or make their lives a little bit easier; from a pension, generous holiday pay, training, sick pay, and free or discounted gym membership – to a wealth of extra perks including interest-free loans for colleagues, discounts and offers on thousands of retailers, restaurants and leisure outlets and much more.
swimming-teacher-jd.pdf (PDF, 343.2 Kb)
North Yorkshire Sport is not responsible for the accuracy of information provided by third-parties and accepts no liability relating to any information contained on the site. If any contact details have been provided, It is recommended that you contact them directly.