Brief Sporting History:
Currently my main sport is Triathlon and in particular mountain bike (cross) triathlon. In 2014, I competed for Great Britain at the World Championships in Germany (13th in Age group) and the European Championships in Italy (4th in Age group). Prior to competing in triathlons I played Basketball at British National level, and have represented Scotland at football in the British Universities International competition being awarded a blues award for national representation. I also enjoy trail running, orienteering, mountaineering, and surfing
Areas of Expertise:
I enjoy variety, and given this I am naturally drawn towards triathlon. I also enjoy the technical aspects of coaching team sports such as basketball and football as well as understanding the individual demands of all aspects of running, mountain biking, triathlon and racing. I am a personal trainer and currently manage two running groups, one specialising in off road running the other catering for beginners. I enjoy a challenge and like to think innovatively and ultimately I feel my background lends itself to a variety of situations.
- UK Sports Coach – Mentoring Sports Coaches
- First Aid
- MPhil Exercise Physiology
- Postgraduate Diploma in Psychology
- Level Three Personal Trainer – REPS
- Level Two Gym Instructor
- Leadership for Running in Fitness Award (LirF)
- Level Two Basketball and Level Two Wheelchair Basketball Coach
- Level Two Football Leaders Certificate and Grade Three Referee
- Level Two RFU Coaching Certificate
- Level One Hockey Leaders Certificate
- Physical Training Instructor TA.
- Community Sports Leaders Award
- Mountain Bike Instructor – Trail Leader SMBLA
- Mountain Leader – British Mountaineering Council.
- Level Two Royal Yachting Association Powerboat Instructor
- Level Two Dinghy Sailing and competent crew award
- British Orienteering Teacher Leaders Award