First Class Honours Degree in Sport and Recreation Development from Leeds Metropolitan University
Executive MBA at Leeds University Business School (graduation in November 2018)
A range of sports coaching qualifications including Level 2 Netball/B award Netball Umpire
Tutor trained to deliver Sports Leaders Awards
Brief Sporting History
I have always loved sport and being active and was a keen netballer for over 20 years, competing at regional league level and representing my county. I also qualified as a level 2 netball coach and umpired to a high standard. I've also enjoyed running over the years and have completed several half marathons. I now keep myself active by regularly running, swimming and doing yoga with the occasional game of tennis or squash thrown in for good measure!
Ares of Expertise
I worked in Sport and Physical activity at Sheffield City Council for 8 years in a variety of roles working across the city to develop strategies and projects to develop sport and physical activity provision. I progressed to a senior management position before moving on to work in employee wellbeing and mental health for a social enterprise.
I now work on a freelance basis as a health and wellbeing specialist, supporting charities and third sector organisations to develop high quality funding bids, proposals and tenders alongside supporting SME's to develop employee wellbeing approaches. I have a broad range of experience but my areas of specialism are:
- Funding – support with any aspect of the opportunity identification/bid writing process
- Fundraising – including Crowdfunding
- Monitoring and Evaluation – identifying and measuring outcomes
- Project management – simple, effective approaches to managing projects and developing action plans
- Partnerships – identifying and successfully working with partners
- Health and Wellbeing expertise across a range of strands including mental health, physical activity, employee wellbeing and public health