NYS Vacancy - PR Officer
Posted: Wed, 30 Sep 2015 09:54
Hours: Full Time
Closing date: Mon 19th October 2015 (12:00pm)
Interview Date: Wed 28th October 2015
The role will help us to establish and maximise public relations opportunities relating to Humber Sports Partnership Ltd (HSP) and North Yorkshire Sport Ltd (NYS), establishing broader media coverage, increasing the impact of events and establishing the work of both charities at a national level.
To establish and maximise public relations opportunities relating to Humber Sports Partnership Ltd (HSP) and North Yorkshire Sport Ltd (NYS), establishing broader media coverage, increasing the impact of events and establishing the work of both charities at a national level.
This is a role working across two independent charities delivering similar services as part of a small joint marketing team. The successful candidate will build on existing Public Relations contacts and expand coverage by local, regional and on occasion's national media. The successful candidate will be part of a small team, which is led by a Marketing Manager and includes a Trainee.
Role and Responsibilities
The Public Relations Officer will be responsible to the Marketing and Communications Manager and will work across both charities. The focus behind the role is to raise the profile of community sport locally and increase the profile of both NYS and HSP, principally regionally and also where appropriate nationally as part of the County Sports Partnership (CSPN).
The Public Relations Officer will specifically;
- Develop relationships with the editorial staff of targeted local and regional newspapers and magazines, and supply them with relevant editorial content on a regular and agreed basis.
- Act as the first point of contact for media enquiries, and coordinate responses within agreed deadlines, liaising with colleagues where appropriate to obtain correct information.
- Develop and maintain relationships with various broadcast media producers including local and regional radio, news, current affairs and talk radio shows, and TV including community stations, BBC, ITV News and magazine programmes. Ensure relevant stories and opportunities are fed through and aired, raising the profile of community sport and the brands of both charities.
- Coordinate national news stories locally through local press and broadcast media.
- Build relationships and liaise with colleagues and key spokespeople across the two charities.
- Ensure case studies are logged with appropriate partners and networks.
- Ensure both charities are submitted for awards in both traditional areas of sports development but also for community and business awards.
- Work with the Marketing Manager to deliver social media activity to increase profile on local, regional and national channels, and sharing of content through the charities' social media channels, including film, photography and audio.
- Maximise opportunities to promote events and programmes of public engagement to build profile and reputation.
- Monitor and evaluate press, broadcast, digital and social media activity, and work with the Marketing and Communications Manager to produce accurate reports and data to demonstrate impact, and continually identify areas of improvement.
Experience (type of experience and knowledge required for this role)
- Experience of delivering public relations activity which promotes and raises organisational profile.
- Experience of building relationships with stakeholders, and providing them with credible and effective content.
- Experience of proactive (e.g. press releases, setting up interviews, developing briefings) and reactive (e.g. seeking information from colleagues, managing responses within deadlines, taking forward enquiries) media handling.
- Experience of using social media channels on behalf of an organisation.
Other relevant information
- Car and driving licence essential as successful candidate will be expected to work across both the charities.
- Ability to work flexibly according to the needs of the charities.
To apply, please email your CV and supporting information to email@example.com