Submit your nominations for the British Ethnic Diversity Sport Awards
Posted: Fri, 23 Oct 2015 11:31
The British Ethnic Diversity Sport Awards (BEDSA) are taking place on Saturday 6 February 2016 at Grosvenor House, Park Lane, London.
The BEDSAs are designed to recognise and celebrate the contributions made by black and minority ethnic communities. The Awards will help drive change in the sport sector where more role models from more communities in more sports are a priority to increase participation. The recognition of hard work and dedication stimulates interest and unearths talent on and off the field of play.
We are looking for your help to gather potential nominations for the following categories:
- Young Sports Person of the Year: This award recognises significant progress and considerable achievements made over in the past 12 months in their chosen sport
- Unsung Hero Award: This award recognises outstanding contribution from an individual (s) in local sport
- Coach of the Year: This award recognises the achievements of a coach working with athletes at the highest level of performance in sport
- Inspirational Performance of the Year: This award recognises a special sporting moment from a British BAME athlete during the past 12 months
- Community Sport Project: This award recognises an organisation that has developed and delivered interventions in the past 12 months and has demonstrated a significant impact to increasing participation amongst BAME communities
- Sportsman of the Year: The sportsman who has made considerable achievements over the past 12 months and is a role model and inspiration to BAME communities
- Sportswoman of the Year: The sportswoman who has made considerable achievements over the past 12 months and is a role model and inspiration to BAME communities
- Lifetime Achievement Award: The Lifetime Achievement award honours someone who has made a major impact on the world of sport during their lifetime. There is no vote. It is in the gift of the Judging Panel to choose the winner
- Special Recognition Award: The Special Recognition Award honours an individual who has made a major impact on the world of sport during their lifetime. There is no vote. It is in the gift of the Sponsor to choose the winner
Please can you return details of all potential nominations by Wednesday 4th November to the ASA Equality and Diversity Programme Manager, Jamie Hooper - firstname.lastname@example.org / 01509 640472 / 07583 176332.