Invitation to Tender
Posted: Thu, 04 Aug 2016 09:43
North Yorkshire Sport Ltd (NYS) wishes to develop a compelling proposition to a range of existing and future potential investors based on its ambitions between 2017 and 2021
We wish to produce an investment prospectus – a strategic case for investing in sport and physical activity in North Yorkshire – with specific emphasis on the role that NYS can play to enable benefits aligned to its charitable objectives.
The project will reveal a range of co-investment opportunities that NYS will integrate within its Business Plan and commercial development activity from 2017 onwards; ultimately supporting its desire to become a more resilient organisation less dependent on any single investor; and also develop a range of new strategic conversations with organisations in and outside of North Yorkshire to the benefits of its residents, businesses and communities.
The strategic case needs to be purposely ambitious, be pre-disposed towards innovation and seek to provide an evidence-based approach to tackling market failures and needs. It should lead in future to the leverage of significant resources that achieve a range of intended outcomes linked to NYS' Theory of Change and emerging impact measurement strategy.
The work will likely require a range of related activities including but not limited to:
- Identification of the strengths and assets (including any IP, databases, product and service specialisms) of NYS
- Understanding of the areas where NYS has, does and could deliver most impact for stakeholders / investors
- Literature review to identify and reaffirm the need for interventions across key domains in North Yorkshire (social (including public health, communities), economic and cultural)
- Assessing the evidence base to understand where impact needs to be most created in North Yorkshire and where sport and physical activity can most be used to contribute to the change required
- Identifying and then gathering intelligence from a range of specified existing and future investors in order to position the case to mutual benefit (detailed, insightful conversations to illuminate their strategic thinking for the next 3-4 years)
- Providing consultancy support for at least one bid in the financial year 2017 – 18 - and providing capacity building support for NYS team - emerging from investor scoping discussions staged during the commission
The work would be required between September 2016 and March 2017 with view to 'launching' the strategic case document in April 2017 aligned to the charity's new financial year.
Closing date for responses to this ITT: Midnight 16th August 2016 – no more than 8 sides of A4.
Contract start date: 1st September 2016.
Contract value: £15,000 incl. VAT