Financial support for flood-damaged facilities
Posted: Thu, 11 Feb 2021 10:14
The Sport England Return to Play Fund is now open to applications from local authorities, leisure operators and other not-for-profit organisations needing funding to repair flood damage.
Emergency flood relief funding is being made available to community sports clubs and not-for-profit organisations to help them restore flood-damaged facilities.
Organisations from the areas worst affected by recent flooding caused by Storm Christoph are now eligible to apply to the Sport England Return to Play Fund, which has been bolstered by the addition of a targeted flood relief option.
While the effects of the recent flooding are still being assessed, Sport England want to ensure sport and physical activity facilities aren't forgotten and are ready to open when lockdown restrictions are eased.
Who can apply?
Your organisation can apply if you're:
- a public body such as a local authority, parish or town council, or education establishment (you'll need to provide £:£ matched funding)
- a not-for-profit voluntary group or sports organisation
- a not-for-profit community club or organisation
- a registered charity
- a not-for-profit company
- a community interest company or other social enterprise
- a leisure operator operating a single site.
How do I apply?
Your application method will depend on the amount you're applying for.
- If you need £10,000 or less, please use the Small Grants application portal.
- If you need £10,001 or more, please use the Community Asset Fund application portal.