Qwell for Men – Humber, Coast and Vale Health and Care Partnership On-line Resource
Posted: Mon, 01 Feb 2021 15:53
What is QWELL for Men?
Qwell for Men is a safe and confidential online space for men to share experiences and gain support from a community or qualified professionals. They can join online peer support communities, access self-help materials or engage in drop-in or booked one-to-one online chat sessions with experienced counsellors.
The service is available from 1st January 2021 and has been commissioned for us by Humber, Coast and Vale Health and Care Partnership.
The online service can be accessed by visiting https://www.qwell.io/hcv
Who can access Qwell for Men?
Qwell for Men is for men aged 18+ from all walks of life, who need a bit of extra support, or want to speak to someone about how they are feeling. The online service is completely anonymous.
What areas is Qwell available in?
Qwell for Men is available to men living in North Yorkshire, York, Hull, East Riding, North Lincolnshire and North East Lincolnshire.
Why has Qwell for Men been commissioned?
In England, around one in eight men have a common mental health problem such as depression, anxiety, panic disorder or obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD). Around three-quarters of registered suicides in England and Wales in 2019 were among men (4,303). Yorkshire and Humber have some of the highest rates of suicide in the UK.
- Access to Qwell is immediate.
- Qwell is an anonymous site.
- There is no need for a referral and there is no waiting lists.
- QWELL is available 24/7
- Access to qualified practitioners who are real people, not bots.
- For men all across Humber, Coast and Vale
Elements of QWELL
- Community support – share experiences with other men going through similar things
- Professional support – i.e. counsellors
- Personal tools – set action plans and goals to do with your mental health
- Real stories – read stories from other real men