Opening School Facilities Phase 2
Posted: Fri, 16 Apr 2021 09:52
Funding now available to help reenergise after-school sport provision.
Following the recent Sport England announcement that £10.1 million of Department for Education (DfE) funding will be invested through the Active Partnership network to help support the Opening School Facilities Phase 2 programme, North Yorkshire Sport is excited to be able to invite Expressions of Interest from all eligible schools within North Yorkshire and York to apply for funding to help get more young people active in the coming months.
The funding is aiming to:
- Help develop extracurricular opportunities and community links for children and young people.
- Support schools to open and re-open their facilities to the local community.
All Primary, Secondary & Special Schools are eligible to apply for this funding. We are particularly interested in supporting the following:
- Secondary and Special Schools restarting/expanding after-school provision.
- Primary Schools restarting/expanding after-school provision where there is a very clear focus on pupils on Free School Meals, young people with SEND and on inactive young people.
- Primary, Secondary & Special schools re-opening facilities to the wider community (including lettings)
- Schools with swimming pools
An initial deadline for Expression of Interest's has been set for Friday 28th May 2021.
Funding must be committed by the end of August, though projects may be delivered after this date.
To find out more and to apply for funding click here