Parents in Sport Week 2021
Posted: Mon, 04 Oct 2021 11:36
This week (4th to 10th October 2021) is Parents in Sport Week 2021. Parents play a vital role in encouraging and supporting their child's participation, success and fun when playing sport.
North Yorkshire Sport are supporting the Child Protection in Sport Unit (CPSU) with Parents in Sport Week, which focuses on the role of sporting parents in helping young people reach their full potential.
This year, The CPSU are aiming Parents in Sport Week directly at parents whose children take part in the sports they work with, to give them everything they need to be part of the bigger safeguarding picture in sport.
As part of this year's campaign, CPSU will be launching several new resources for parents to help skill them up on keeping their child safe in sport, these include:
- a new animation for parents on what abuse might look like in sport and how to get help
- a short, interactive e-learning course for parents on how to keep children safe
- a new look parents' hub on the CPSU website, which parents can use as a one-stop-shop for safeguarding information
There is lots of support & guidance available on our website (https://www.northyorkshiresport.co.uk/parentsinsportweek2021) as well as lots of resources on the Child Protection in Sport Unit
How can you help?
Whether you're a great sports parent, or a club or coach, you can help us reach out to more parents. Here's a few ways in which you can support the campaign:
- look for #ParentsinSportWeek on social media and share posts and resource - if you're a parent share your commitment on social media and encourage more parents to do the same
- take the CPSU's e-learning course and learn how to keep your child safe
- talk to your child's club about their safeguarding policy and procedures and share your knowledge with other parents at the club
- share your positive sports parenting stories on social media and tag us @TheCPSU
- share our information for parents in your club newsletter, and on your blog or website
- use Parents in Sport Week as an opportunity to highlight your club's safeguarding policies to parents in an email or newsletter