North Yorkshire Sport have been running a successful mentoring programme for over two years. To increase our capacity and allow us to work more closely with clubs and organisations, we have recruited mentors from around the county with different specialist areas of expertise (such as business management, funding, HR, motivational speaking).
These mentors will be deployed into organisations targeting women and girls and disabilities as well as people who are inactive. We will continue to support our Satellite Clubs with Mentors.
Following the most recent Context Survey, we'll also be deploying mentors to support with the areas that they felt the needed most support with:
- Attracting and retaining the right participants
- Attracting and retaining volunteers
Watch our webinar on mentors!
As part of our series of 'a conversation with ...' we spoke to two mentors and a club that has been through the programme.
Hear from two settings where a mentor has made a massive impact to them.
Jeremy & Chris
Benefits for your club
- Ease the difficulty and costs involved in sending people onto training courses
- Taps into the expertise of people who are experienced and professional (and not essentially coaches).
- Re-energises workforce
- People who have been mentored often become mentors and better people managers
- Encourages workforce to progress to the next level of accreditation or attend some training through the motivation and assistance they receive from a mentor
- Mentoring has been recognised as a particularly useful tool to recruit, educate and retain female workforce
- Increased confidence and motivation
- Constructive and independent feedback
If you feel your club or organisation would benefit from a mentor, please complete the mentor request form below.
Request a Mentor
North Yorkshire Sport
- 01423 637668