North Yorkshire Sport have been running a successful mentoring programme for over two years. To increase our capacity and allow us to work more closely with clubs and organisations, we have recruited mentors from around the county with different specialist areas of expertise. These mentors will be deployed into organisations targeting women and girls and disabilities as well as people who are inactive. Some of the areas we have found that clubs need help include:
- Marketing their session and attracting participants
- The right delivery for target groups
- Attracting and retaining volunteers
- Active sessions
- Securing funding
- Setting up new club activities (additional sessions / junior sections)
- And more ...
Benefits for your club
- Ease the difficulty and costs involved in sending people onto training courses
- Taps into the expertise of people who are experienced and professional (and not essentially coaches).
- Re-energises workforce
- People who have been mentored often become mentors and better people managers
- Encourages workforce to progress to the next level of accreditation or attend some training through the motivation and assistance they receive from a mentor
- Mentoring has been recognised as a particularly useful tool to recruit, educate and retain female workforce
- Increased confidence and motivation
- Constructive and independent feedback
If you feel your club or organisation would benefit from a mentor, please complete the mentor request form at the top of the page.
North Yorkshire Sport
- 01423 637668