North Yorkshire Sport have been looking into new ways of supporting our Clubs. To increase our capacity and allow us to work more closely with clubs, we have recruited club mentors from around the county with different specialist areas of expertise. These mentors will mainly be deployed into clubs targeting women and girls and disability although clubs not targeting these groups will still be able to access the mentors. Some of the areas we have found that clubs need help include:
- Marketing their session and attracting participants
- The right delivery for target groups
- Attracting and retaining volunteers
- Active sessions
- Setting up new club activities (additional sessions / junior sections)
- And more ...
Benefits for your club
- Ease the difficulty and costs involved in sending your coaches onto training courses
- Taps into the expertise of people who are experienced and professional, and not essentially coaches.
- Re-energises club staff
- Club personnel who have been mentored often become mentors and better people managers
- Encourages coaches to progress to the next level of accreditation through the motivation and assistance they receive from a mentor
- Mentoring has been recognised as a particularly useful tool to recruit, educate and retain female workforce
- Increased confidence and motivation
- Constructive feedback on performance
If you feel your club would benefit from a mentor, please complete the mentor request form at the top of the page.
Coaching Development Manager
North Yorkshire Sport Ltd
- North Yorkshire Sport
69 Bilton Lane