Our satellite club programme aims to fund new local sport and physical activity clubs across North Yorkshire. Projects should be designed around the needs of young people, and provide them with positive, enjoyable experiences that make it easy for them to become active or to develop more regular activity habits.
Understanding what is important to young people and what their needs and wishes are is the first step when developing a satellite club opportunity. Satellite clubs should then be designed to meet those needs and provide a positive fun experience, giving young people the confidence to take part. Throughout their behaviour change journey, young people should be supported to build regular activity habits either through their continued engagement in the satellite club or through other local opportunities that the young people feel comfortable with.
- New satellite club delivery must be focused on young people aged 14-19.
- Must be targeted at helping these young people become active or build regular activity habits and / or targeting under-represented groups in sport. These include, but are not limited to females, young people with disabilities and those from lower socio-economic groups.
- Should be aligned to achieving the Chief Medical Officers recommendation of delivering moderate to vigorous intensity physical activity.
- Positioned to be able to support young people at points of disruption in their lives.
- Be designed to get young people active and create regular activity habits.
- Be young people (customer) led including involving young people in decisions and design.
- Be linked to or developed into a regular sport and / or physical activity opportunity.
- Take place in the community and look and feel like a community session (even when based on a school site).
- The project must run for a minimum of 20 weeks, but we would ideally be looking to fund longer projects.
- Have appropriate safeguarding standards in place.
Support is available to help you create a great experience on our Resources Page
North Yorkshire Sport Ltd
- North Yorkshire Sport
69 Bilton Lane
- 01423 637658