Our satellite club programme is looking to fund organisations looking to provide new opportunities for young people to access sport and physical activity. Projects should be designed around the needs of young people, and provide them with positive, enjoyable experiences that make it easy for them to become active or to develop more regular activity habits.
Satellite clubs should then be designed to meet those needs and provide a positive fun experience, giving young people the confidence to take part.
- New satellite club delivery must be focused on young people aged 14-19.
- Must be targeted at helping these young people become active or build regular activity habits and / or targeting under-represented groups in sport.
- Should be aligned to achieving the Chief Medical Officers recommendation of delivering moderate to vigorous intensity physical activity.
- Positioned to be able to support young people at points of disruption in their lives.
- Be young people (customer) led including involving young people in decisions and design.
- Take place in the community and look and feel like a community session (even when based on a school site).
- The project must run for a minimum of 20 weeks, but we would ideally be looking to fund longer projects.
- Have appropriate safeguarding standards in place.
Support is available to help you create a great experience on our Resources Page
North Yorkshire Sport Ltd
- North Yorkshire Sport
69 Bilton Lane
- 01423 637658