The North Yorkshire School Games is an exciting, inclusive competition for school children across the county.
The School Games Mission;
- Keeping competitive sport at the heart of schools and providing more young people with the opportunity to compete and achieve their personal best.
The School Games Vision;
- By 2020 the School Games will be continuing to make a clear and meaningful difference to the lives of even more children and young people.
Through the School Games North Yorkshire Sport will aim to:
- Engender a sense of competence,
- Promote enjoyment regardless of the level of ability,
- Avoid negative/bad experiences of competitive school sport.
The School Games is coordinated in North Yorkshire by working through a Local Organising Committee (LOC), Management Group and delivered by engaging with partners across the County including the School Games Organisers, Local Authorities, local clubs, coaches and volunteers.
These pages will include information for parents and team managers looking after those competing in the finals. There is also a Twitter feed for you to follow, so you can keep up to date with any news, and updated information for parents and team managers.
Event Fact Sheet
Want to know more about each event? Look at our fact sheet below for key information you might need!
- School Games Event Fact Sheet (PDF, 252 Kb)