The North Yorkshire School Games is an exciting, inclusive competition for school children in the county.
Through the School Games we aim to:
- Engender a sense of competence,
- Promote enjoyment regardless of the level of ability,
- Avoid negative/bad experiences of competitive school sport.
From 2017/18 onwards the School Games will provide opportunity in two different ways:
- Competitive school sport - following a pathway from area level competition (level 2) through to a county final (and occasionally beyond) with the best schools taking part. In some sports a parallel opportunity will exist for small schools.
- Development festivals - opportunities to engage those who may not be regularly active or selected in the school team.
Both of the above will have opportunities for young SEND pupils to participate alongside their school friends and as part of their school team.
The School Games is coordinated in North Yorkshire by working through a Local Organising Committee (LOC) and Management Group and delivered by working with partners across the County including the School Games Organisers, Local Authorities and local clubs, coaches and volunteers.
These pages will include information for parents and team managers looking after those competing in the finals. There is also a Twitter feed for you to follow, so you can keep up to date with any news, and updated information for parents and team managers.
The Education Network
The Education Network was founded in 1993 and is part of the Pertemps Network Group. Over the last 20 years we have developed an unrivalled reputation as a high quality, responsive education recruitment specialist, dedicated to providing a personalised service to our schools and candidates.
The Education Network Hull and North Yorkshire Sport continues their successful partnership motivating and inspiring young people across the county to take part in more competitive sports
As part of The School Games the event is organised by the North Yorkshire Sport teams who have a remit to develop PE and School sport opportunities across all schools in the county. The Education Network is immensely proud to say we sponsor the North Yorkshire School Games as part of an ongoing commitment to supporting healthy living and leisure activities for children of a school age