The North Yorkshire School Games is an exciting, inclusive competition for school children across the county.
The School Games Mission;
- Keeping competitive sport at the heart of schools and providing more young people with the opportunity to compete and achieve their personal best.
The School Games Vision;
- By 2020 the School Games will be continuing to make a clear and meaningful difference to the lives of even more children and young people.
Through the School Games North Yorkshire Sport will aim to:
- Engender a sense of competence,
- Promote enjoyment regardless of the level of ability,
- Avoid negative/bad experiences of competitive school sport.
The School Games is coordinated in North Yorkshire by working through a Local Organising Committee (LOC), Management Group and delivered by engaging with partners across the County including the School Games Organisers, Local Authorities, local clubs, coaches and volunteers.
These pages will include information for parents and team managers looking after those competing in the finals. There is also a Twitter feed for you to follow, so you can keep up to date with any news, and updated information for parents and team managers.
The Education Network
The Education Network was founded in 1993 and is part of the Pertemps Network Group. Over the last 20 years we have developed an unrivalled reputation as a high quality, responsive education recruitment specialist, dedicated to providing a personalised service to our schools and candidates.
The Education Network Hull and North Yorkshire Sport continues their successful partnership motivating and inspiring young people across the county to take part in more competitive sports
As part of The School Games the event is organised by the North Yorkshire Sport teams who have a remit to develop PE and School sport opportunities across all schools in the county. The Education Network is immensely proud to say we sponsor the North Yorkshire School Games as part of an ongoing commitment to supporting healthy living and leisure activities for children of a school age