What is Motor Sport?
Motorsport is a group of motorised racing sports.
- Karting: Kart racing is a fun way to challenge yourself while getting a feel for racing on a track, and it caters for everyone, no matter what your age.
- Circuit Racing: Racing consists of drivers competing alongside each other on a track, all striving to be the first to finish.
- Rallying: Involves a driver and a co-driver or navigator, working together to complete all the stages in the lowest aggregate time.
- Speedway: These bikes do not have brakes and only use one gear as they race anti-clockwise around a circuit.
- Trial Bikes: In trial, the competition is focused on the skill and accuracy involved in completing a set of obstacles. Rather than racing a circuit, the competition usually takes place in natural terrain such as over rocks, up hills and/or across streams. Riders are not permitted to touch the ground with their feet and are given penalties for footing or stopping.
- Motocross: The race takes place in rugged, natural terrain where competitors test their skill against each other, performing spectacular jumps and racing for the finish line.
- Enduro: Takes place in an outdoor, off-road environment, this race is against the clock rather than directly against other competitors like in Motocross.