What is Get on Track?
The Get on Track programme provides disadvantaged young people (aged 16-25) with the self-discipline, motivation and confidence they need to enhance their employability and to lead more active lives.
We work with young people aged 16 - 25 years who are or are at risk of becoming NEET (not in education, employment or training), at risk, vulnerable and/or disadvantaged. Young people should also be inactive (less than 30 minutes of activity per week) and live in identified areas within Scarborough.
- Warm up: sessions are led for young people to learn more about the programme, be inspired to attend and ask any questions they have.
The programme is split into 4 stages;
- On Your Marks: Learning activities are used to improve communication, teamwork and resilience of the young people and help form a bond between the group and athlete mentors. This is a 3 day engagement activity full of high energy sessions designed to build a group of young people into a team to go through the programme together.
- Get Set: Athletes and partners work to improve soft skills and the employability prospects of the young people on the programme. This is broken into two sections; Self discovery and Employable you.
- Go: This final phase celebrates the success of the attendees. 'Go!' showcases the young people's progress in front of a host of partners and local employers. Hearing about personal journeys and any certificates are handed out.
- Keep In Touch: The group will meet at set intervals to offer support and maintain the positive network they have created. These sessions are flexible and take place around the lives of the young people.