Nearly 2000 responses were received to the Youth Voice Survey, from 75 secondary schools. Some of the headlines from the survey:
- Of the 31%(563) respondents who do not currently take part in activity outside the school day, only 7% (40) said they do not want to do any sport or physical activity at all
- 74% of respondents take part in sport or physical activity on at least 5 occasions across a week
- 75% of pupils judged their school sport facilities as Good or Excellent. This compares with only 32% of schools who responded to a school survey feeling that the facilities were good or excellent
- Leisure Centres and Sports Clubs are the most popular venues across all respondents, and those already taking part in sport and physical activity show a significant preference for these venues
- Confidence is really important to young people, with 54% saying that confidence influences whether they attend an activity.
Youth Voice Survey report v1 (PDF, 521 Kb)
The initial report on the Youth Voice Survey can be downloaded here.
If you are interested in finding out more about this work please contact: